Saturday, March 19, 2011

Converted

I have a confession to make.  I am a country dancing convert.  I'm not ashamed of this fact, and although I'm still new to this whole new world, I'm in love with it!  "Rootbeer boy" asked if I wanted to go last week and being the spontaneous person that I am, I agreed! (ha!)  It was a great motivation to get my homework done super quick so I could go play, it was like being in elementary school again, reading faster than comprehension so I could see my friends!  For the most part I did pretty well, if I do say so myself.  It's intimidating to go with a group of people that have been going for ages and you're the fresh meat, but they were all so good to take it slow and teach me how.  I was thinking it would all be line dances and I'd feel completely out of place, but it's totally not like that!  There are the basic steps but after that, you just follow the guy.  And let me tell you, there is nothing more attractive than a guy that can dance, and dance well.  I love that it's actual dancing and not just the jr. high version of swaying.  I met some new friends, and only got dropped on my head once!  I went again this week and am falling more in love with it!  This week the casualties were a little worse however. Instead of just getting dropped, I got elbowed in the face!  Super hard.  My chin is bruised....but at least it's not broken! I seriously think country dancing is the most fun I have had in a very long time! 


Looks like I'll be pulling these out more often!!

No comments: