Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Just a Thought

Today as I walked across campus on my way to my car I realized something: I like to be alone.  I've always known it, and I do just fine on my own, I've learned how to be independent and I'm proud of it.   Sometimes though, I think I really do like my alone time a little too much.  People are difficult and messy and sticky and never quite understands things in the same way you do.  I love people, I really do.  I love watching people, I love hearing other people's opinions, I like knowing the differences and getting new perspectives.  I wouldn't trade people for the world.  But sometimes you  just need a moment to not be perfect.  To fall apart, to let things just be, to not worry about who sees or the proper way to act.  People are work.  And some days its just not worth the effort.  So tonight, I'll sit and fold my laundy

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I must admit... I'm the same way. Matt being in law school hasn't been that difficult because I still see him, but I get lots of alone time too. Sometime I think I should plan something with a friend, but then realize that I'd probably rather stay home in my sweats and watch tv, blog, or read a book... lame? Maybe. But I totally get where you are coming from.

Shaylee said...

I'm the same way! Sometimes I'll tell my friends or family I am busy one weekend and I'll really just spend time alone and enjoying it.