Thursday, July 21, 2011

Work Work Work

Forgive me for my slacking on the whole blogging thing....it started out that I was unemployed and had nothing exciting going on, now I have a NEW JOB and am too busy to blog about anything!!  So here's a quick rundown of what I've been up to the last week.  I started a new job on Monday as a Marketing Assistant at Alpine Spinal Rehab.  It's a complete change from everything I've done and so far I LOVE it! I get to go out and meet with people in several different professions and tell them a little about what we do.  What I'm loving the most is that I get to move around, I deliver gift baskets and other stuff like that and I'm not stuck behind a desk on my fanny all day!  In fact, I do not even have a desk!  I'm going on my first marketing call by myself and I'm a little nervous, but I'm super excited about it.
In addition to that crazy....I was put in charge of organizing the Alpine Days booths!  It was kind of dumped in my lap and I'm learning/making it up as I go.  It's not something I was prepared for, but I think I'm hanging in there for now!  If you don't hear from me, I'm either in marketing meetings or mapping out booths!!
Aaaaand, I was just called to teach relief society...this week has been totally out of my comfort zone!  I always thought of myself as the one that was on the fringes, watching and observing, I'm not an attention person and my face turns red immediately if there's a lot of attention focused on me.  I don't know what I'm supposed to be learning from all this, but I guess I'll learn to juggle at least!  I can definitely tell that I'm learning and growing and stretching who I am.  I hope I survive because I'm enjoying being busy again and having something to do!!

No comments: