Monday, April 11, 2011

Flowing with the Go

I'm sitting at work, eating the lunch my dad made me and wishing the next half hour would be over already so I can leave.  It's the end of tax season and everyone is flipping out.   Everyone is prettty ornery these days and I am so ready for them to go back to the kind people I knew before.  But until then, I'm just the sponge obsorbing all of their anger and frustration and trying to ease as much of that as I can.  Only problem is, I have my own frustrations that I can't let out to anyone and have them take care of it.  Which is fine, cuz I'm not chill enough to let other people handle my problems.  I used to think I was a fairly easy going person, not too uptight (unless school was involved) and didn't worry about things or plan anything out.  I just showed up and went for it.  Man how I miss that girl!  Sayer was doing an assignment for her online class and had to interview people about how they handle stress and when they start to feel stressed.  If it was a test I would have failed!  I am horrible at handling stress.  I'm a list person.  I can have 3 lists of the same thing and it doesn't matter, I'll write another one.  When I get stressed, this intensifies, I have lists about my lists.  I have my planner with me always, then I write down a list of tasks I need to do for the month day-by-day on a separate piece of paper, and then I have my shopping lists or my "if I get a chance" list.  Lately I feel like I just need to break out and do something purely crazy, just to do it.  While eating the song "What the Hell" by Avril Lavigne came on.  As weird as it sounds, I can identify with that right now.  Not in the same context, but seriously, what the, why not just go for it?! I don't know if my brand of crazy stems from when I was married and I had to be the responsible one or nothing would get done at all and it's just escalated in the last couple months, or if it's just been laying in wait under the surface my whole life?  Am I totally crazy, or are any of you crazy list people too?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Me too! :) But, I might just be crazy too...